The Helping Families Save Their Homes Act of 2009, signed into law on
May 20, 2009, increased the level of insurance coverage on all accounts
up to $250,000 through December 31, 2013.
The shares in Maine Education Credit Union are insured by the National
Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), which is backed by the full
faith and credit of the United States Government. Established by Congress
in 1970 to insure member share accounts at federally insured credit unions,
the NCUSIF is managed by NCUA under the direction of the three-person
NCUA Board. Your share insurance is similar to the deposit insurance
protection offered by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
Your insured funds brochureRegular Share
- Serves as a savings account with only a $5 minimum balance requirement.
- Access to your funds via a Visa Check/ATM Card.
- Pays monthly dividends.
- Quarterly Statements via mail or email.
- Teach your children the value of saving while they’re young.
- Easy way to separate funds without having to establish a separate account.
- All Purpose Club – Save money for Taxes, Vacation or any purpose and have the funds available when you need them.
- Christmas Clubs – Funds are disbursed each Oct. 1st to your
savings or checking account.
- Set up regular deposits through payroll deduction.
High Yield Account
- Earns higher dividends than a regular share account.
- Requires a $2,000 minimum balance at all times.
- Rates are tiered according to your balance.
- Limited to 6 withdrawals per month.
- Save for retirement knowing that your funds are safe and insured.
- Traditional, Roth or Education IRAs are available.
- Choose to invest in either a Share or Certificate IRA.
- Consult with your tax advisor for the IRA that best suits your needs.
- A safe investment that pays a fixed dividend rate.
- Select a term from 6 months to 5 years.
- Choose from a $500 or $2,000 minimum balance.
- Dividends can be withdrawn each month without penalty.
- Avoid stock market volatility!
Designed by Mid Maine Electronics.