A checking account with Maine Education Credit Union offers you all the convenience of other checking accounts but with significant savings! Direct deposit to your checking account ensures that funds are in your account in a timely manner. Count the ways our checking account can save you money:
- No monthly service charge or per check charge. Fee Schedule
- No minimum balance required. Re-order Checks
- Unlimited transfers from available shares. Visa Check Card
- Overdraft protection credit line available.
- Complimentary first 50 checks.
- Duplicate checks and online check images.
- Monthly statements by mail or electronic delivery with e-statement.
- Secure Online Access.
- Free Bill Payment Service (Me-Ed Payment Connection).
- Free Checks for members 62 and older with direct deposit.
Protect yourself from overdrafts with our Member Privilege Program.
At Maine Education Credit Union, we do not encourage overdrafts.
As always, we encourage you to manage your finances responsibly.
However, we want to save you from the additional merchant fees
and possible damage to your credit that might result if a check is
returned. That's why we provide Member Privilege, a special overdraft
service for our members.
"Member Privilege" requires no action on your part - unless you would
like to have access for ATM and everyday debit card transactions. There
are no fees other than our paid item fee for each item overdrawn. You
will be charged our paid item fee of $20.00 for each item created by check,
in-person withdrawals, recurring debit card transactions or other electronic
means. At your request, you may "OPT IN" to have coverage extended to
include access at the ATM and for everday debit card purchases.